Next: Transporting the Cryotiger
Up: The Camera
Previous: Cleaning the optical path
- Use the original box and a lot of packing material for shipping. It is stored in the downstairs room at the RCT. The box is large so will require transport in a vehicle with sufficient space.
- Cover up the dewar window with a cover (e.g., of cardboard) to prevent its damage.
- Avoid flexure to critical components, such as the valve, which could produce a leak.
- Avoid packing materials with small detritus as there are holes in the electronics box.
- Ship the camera only when warm.